1. The astronaut drew a deep breath as he squeezed into the simulated (模拟的) space cabin which ___ his home for seven days.
A.had to be B.had been C.is to be D.was to be
2. The magnificent _______temple was constructed by the Chinese people.
3. The news that a prize will be given to him ______him with pleasure.
A.fills in B.fills out C.fills D.fill
4. ________she first heard of the disease referred to as AIDS.
A.That was from John B.It was John that
C.It was from John that D.It was John whom
5. George took ____ of the fine weather to do a day’s work in his garden.
A.advantage B.profit C.interest D.charge
6. From what is mentioned above we can draw a conclusion______electric energy can be turned into light energy.
A.what B.how C.which D.that
7. Many important scientific discoveries were made during the recent geological_____ inTibet.
A.journey B.voyage C.tour D.expedition
8. This boy was _______ for what he had done in the class.
A.scolded B.overcome C.inclined D.displayed
9. The office has to be shut down ___ fund.
A.being a lack of B.from lack of
C.to a lack of D.for lack of
10. At yesterday's party, Elizabeth's boyfriend amused us by ______ Charlie Chaplin.
A.copying B.following C.imitating D.modeling
11. His name was ______ of my tongue, but I just couldn't remember it.
A.at the end B.at the top
C.on the tip D.on the point
12. Nothing that I can see ____ what you have described.
A.compares B.relates C.resembles D.consists
13. ________ you return those books to the library immediately, you will have to pay a fine.
A.Until B.Unless C.If D.Providing
14. The meeting had to be _____ since they couldn't reach agreement on the problem.
A.broken off B.broken out
C.broken down D.broken away
15. Only if you can understand what you are listening to, _______write it down correctly.
A.you will B.will you C.you can D.can you
16. When will our plane _____?
A.take away B.take up C.take off D.land away
17. By the time the talk is over, we _____ a lot about aeroplanes.
A.shall be learning B.are learning
C.shall learn D.shall have learnt
18. Not until ten o'clock ___ it was too late to return.
A.we realized B.we did realize
C.did we realize D.realized we
19. You've been studying so hard.It is now ______ that you will become a top student.
A.confident B.certain C.sure D.right
20. George knew that it was difficult for him to clear the height, but he succeeded upon his third___.
A.attempt B.temptation C.display D.action
21. The main road through Littlebury was blocked for three hours today after an accident___ two lorries.
A.involving B.including C.combining D.containing
22. If he___ in that way for much longer he will find himself in the bankruptcy court.
A.carries on B.carries off
C.carries by D.carries away
23. The old couple put great ______on walking a mile or two every day.
A.worth B.value C.price D.cost
24. The football match was televised ___ from the Government stadium.
A.alive B.life C.live D.lively
25. It's unwise ______ down the proposal.
A.of them to turn B.for them to turn
C.for they to turn D.for their turning
26. I ____watching this performance because it is wonderful.
A.delight B.amuse C.enjoy D.please
27. In this game, if anyone makes a mistake, he or she drops ____and is replaced by another child.
A.by B.back C.off D.out
28. ___would welcome such a chance.
A.Many man B.A many man C.Many a man D.Many a men
29. All the arrangements should have been completed prior ____our departure.
A.in B.to C.by D.before
30. She_______ money every month for her son's college education.
A.sets out B.sets about C.sets up D.sets aside